Call for Papers | 21st International Conference on Innovations for Community Services
Interdisciplinary thinking is a key success factor for any community. "Bridging Digital Communities" is the motto of the 21st I4CS, to be held from May 26 until 28, 2021 in Bamberg/Germany, dedicated to challenging aspects around modern community systems. Due to worldwide pandemic travel constraints, the steering committee will decide on the toleration of virtual presentations, depending on the given situation in May 2021. Bamberg is a lovely place in Upper Franconia, Germany. It is located on the banks of the River Regnitz, offering unique bridges. Its Old Town is listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site, mainly due to its intact old city wall. The town dates back to the 9th century. Its name is derived from the nearby Babenberch Castle.
Due to the rapid evolution of web technologies and rich mobile devices, ICT support for communities is possible on the next quality level. Moreover, different types of applications are using the Internet as a large distributed system. So mobile users and pervasive systems pose new technological and organizational challenges. Trying to achieve this, we challenge new research questions in a wide range of connected fields. In search of innovative solutions, multi-disciplinary collaboration among researchers and industry partners is essential. Hence, the goal of this conference is to bring together researchers, experts, and practitioners from various areas related to novel Internet Community Services.
Technology: Distributed Architectures and Frameworks
- Data architectures and enablers for community services
- Mobile collaboration and learning infrastructures
- 5G technologies and ad-hoc mobile networks
- Search, information retrieval, and artificial intelligence
- Common data models and big data analytics
Applications: Communities on the Move
- Social networks, news, and open collaboration
- Block chain for business and social life
- Recommender solutions and context awareness
- Augmented reality, robotics, and location-based gaming
- Intelligent transportation, logistics, and connected cars
Socialization: Ambient Work and Living
- Pandemic-related challenges and eHealth assisted living
- Smart energy and home control
- Smart cities and municipal infrastructure
- Digitalization, IoT, and cyber physical systems
- Security, identity, and GDPR privacy protection
I4CS solicits submissions of unpublished papers presenting research results, industrial experiences, and applications, as well as detailed specifications of open problems.
Electronic submission is required. Full papers of no more than 16 pages written in English should be submitted as PDF files using the EasyChair conference management system. Submitted papers will be subject to a single-blind review process by at least three members of the program committee.
As in the previous years, I4CS 2021 will publish their proceedings with Springer in "Communications in Computer and Information Science" (CCIS) series. In addition, the papers will be submitted to indexing libraries, e.g. DBLP, Scopus.
|January 15, 2021||Paper submission|
|February 15, 2020||Author notification|
|March 1, 2021||Camera-ready copies|
|March 1, 2021||Registration|
|May 26 - 28, 2021||Conference|
For more details:
This content has been updated on 20 January 2021 at 14 h 19 min.